[gothic-l] Re: EE Jews descend from Goths

M. Carver matt at INVISIONSTUDIOSINC.COM
Wed May 9 22:59:54 UTC 2001

> that there existed two dialects of Gothic: Visigoth and Ostrogoth.
> All existing Gothic scripts are of the Visigoth origin. Yiddish
> originates from the Ostrogoth Gothic. Besides, Sarmato-Goths could
> have developed their own unique language, Yiddish, as many "Mulatoes"
> do.

Aside from the fact that this discussion is only speciously related to any
part of actual Gothic study, may I remind you that the term Mulatto strictly
refers to a child of part Negro and part Caucasian ancestry; what's more, it
is nowadays considered derogatory (Mulatto < Mula "mule"). Now let us return
to the Goths (or "Sarmato-Goths" at least).

Cheers,
Matþaius