[gothic-l] Re: Yiddish is based on Ostrogothic

babeck at ALPHALINK.COM.AU babeck at ALPHALINK.COM.AU
Sat May 12 05:32:55 UTC 2001

Hails,
I think we are all wasting our time here.  Mr. Labkovsky obviously
has preconceived views that he is not willing to change no matter how
much expert evidence is presented.  He would seem to have some desire
to claim descent from the ancient Goths.  Well, I have no objection
to that, if that is what turns him on.  But he should realise that
many members of this list (myself not included) are respected members
of the academic community with years of experience in the Gothic
language and other Germanic languages and he should give their
opinions due respect.
Cheers,
Brian Beck