[gothic-l] Can anyone answer these?

bce753 at YAHOO.CO.UK bce753 at YAHOO.CO.UK
Sun May 20 19:54:27 UTC 2001

Greetings!

It's David Neelin here, author and webmaster of Timeline: Ancient Rome,
and Gladiator: The Real Story. No doubt at least some of you have come
across those sites in your web wanderings.

My latest project is a history of the Goths, and I am wondering if one
of you geniuses can help me with one or more of these questions. I
would very much appreciate any help anyone could provide. It would be
most helpful if you could also cite the source of the info.

How did the Goths sustain themselves? Hunting, gathering, development
of agriculture etc.

Does anyone provide a good description of their material culture?
Dwellings, artifacts etc.

What was the role of women in gothic society? Has anyone focused on
that? Any sources of value?

Thanks a million folks, much appreciated.

David