[gothic-l] Re: Goths in Romania

Nikolai gothologist at YAHOO.COM
Mon May 21 15:44:52 UTC 2001

>    Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 17:30:15 +0200
>    From: Bertil Häggman <mvk575b at tninet.se>
> Subject: Goths in Romania
>
> And hopefully
> the Romanian economy will allow for further
> archaelogical work on Gothic settlements.

Well, with any luck, perhaps they will find something at
Miercurea this summer. There is a dig going on there that I had
planned to attend, but my grant did not arrive in time to allow
me to join them.
But anyways... there are 3 excavations going on near Miercurea.
One is on an old roman villa, the second is on a 3rd century
germanic necropolis, and the third is in some cave near there
thought to have been used frequently by travelers during the
same time frames as the necropolis and the villa. Apparently
some items have already been extracted from the cave site.

I am keeping in touch with a few of the people still going. I
will let the list here know about what they find and such.

Thanx for the info, Bertil & Andreas. (And I received the
envelope, Andreas. Thank you.)

=====
Eternally,
ïðîùàíèå
Nikolai
^^O^^
http://www.geocities.com/gothwitches
"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dreamed before." ~ Edgar Allen Poe