[gothic-l] Vandal Exhibition in Sweden

bertil mvk575b at TNINET.SE
Tue May 29 13:27:51 UTC 2001

My apologies to M.C. but I would like to bring to the attention of the list that Mr. Pontus Hulten, who has been Director of among other international renowned cultural centers as Centre Pompidou in Paris and Palazzo Grazzi in Venice is bringing the art of the Vandals to the their home. Hulten believes that the Vandals like the Eruli
returned to their home in Scandinavia. Hulten points to the Vaerend region or Vendel in Uppland as possibilities although Vendsyssel seems to be more likely in this contributors opinion.

A beautiful book is a companion, _Den sanna historien om vandalerna_ (The True History of the Vandals_), 340 Sw. kronor or around 34 US dollars.

Furthermore I think the fact that world famous Norwegian author and discoverer Thor Heyerdahl has good financial resources for his travels and research shows him to be creative and imaginative.

That naturally creates a lot envy among academics who have not gone on to become professors and lack the ability to combine research with discovery.

Both Hulten and Heyerdahl are to be commended for seeking new answers to old mysteries.

Back to the Goths !

Gothically

Bertil