[gothic-l] Re: Vandal Exhibition in Sweden

dirk at SMRA.CO.UK dirk at SMRA.CO.UK
Tue May 29 16:10:09 UTC 2001

--- In gothic-l at y..., bertil <mvk575b at t...> wrote:
> My apologies to M.C. but I would like to bring to the attention of
the list that Mr. Pontus Hulten, who has been Director of among other
international renowned cultural centers as Centre Pompidou in Paris
and Palazzo Grazzi in Venice is bringing the art of the Vandals to the
their home. Hulten believes that the Vandals like the Eruli
> returned to their home in Scandinavia. Hulten points to the Vaerend
region or Vendel in Uppland as possibilities although Vendsyssel seems
to be more likely in this contributors opinion.

This is exactly the old Gustaf Kossinna, whose theories have been
discarded by scholars some 30 years ago (if not earlier). What kind of
evidence does Hulten offer for the assertion that the last Vandals
moved (presumeably) from Africa to Scandinavia?

cheers