[gothic-l] Re: The Vandalorum Museum

czobor at CANTACUZINO.RO czobor at CANTACUZINO.RO
Wed May 30 08:40:38 UTC 2001

Hails allaim!

In my opinion, Bertil has not to aplogize.
I mt opinion (I repeat it again, maybe the the owner or other members
of the group do think otherwise), while this is Gothic-L, where "L" is
for "language", any discution about Gothic-speaking peoples other than
Ostrogoths and Visigoths should not be connsidered off-topic. Because
I understand that the Gepids and Vandals (regarded as "Gothic peoples"
by Wolfram) spoke languages very close to Gothic, that can be regarded
as Gothic dialects (of course, very little is attested in Gepidic and
Vandalic, but there is indirect evidence that they spoke the same
language as the Goths).
Me, for instance, am equally interested in Gothic, as well as in
Gepidic and Vandalic.

Francisc