[gothic-l] Re: Gothic Identity, was: Heyerdahl searching for Odin

malmqvist52 at YAHOO.SE malmqvist52 at YAHOO.SE
Wed May 30 15:10:06 UTC 2001

Hi everyone,

Remember that the place in which I suppose Heyerdal is digging is on
the spot of the two Peoples Asii and Vanii ( I'm not sure of the
exact spelling) according to Ptolemaios geography from the beginning
of our time counting.
Snorre also told us in Ynglingasaga that this is the place where Odin
came from, i.e. "East of Tanakvisl"/"Vanakvisl", "Tanais" i. e. a
River identical to Don. Also a place called Tanais lies there and the
Asov Sea is nearby.

The runic spearhead incription tilari(d?)s is found in Krim. Moreover
the oldest runic inscriptions are written in a language not known to
most of us.

I don't think you need more reasons if you are open-minded.
Thor Heyerdahl is not stupid and I believe he knows what he is doing.

Best wishes
Anders Malmqvist