[gothic-l] Heruls was Re: More on the Gothic-Slavic link

andreas.schwarcz at UNIVIE.AC.AT andreas.schwarcz at UNIVIE.AC.AT
Wed Nov 7 13:09:22 UTC 2001

Dear Oskar,
on the whole I agree with Dirk on the Heruli or (philologically better)
Eruli. I do not know any single book or monography on the Eruli
either, but the last and newest word on them is the article "Heruler"
(philology by G.Neumann, language, history and archeology by
M.Taylor) in Hoops. Reallexikon der germanischen
Altertumswissenschaften 2nd ed., vol.14. Berlin, New York 1999,
pp.468-474, where you will also find a long and exhaustive
bibliography on them.
Kind regards
            Andreas Schwarcz
Ao.Univ.Prof.Dr.Andreas Schwarcz
Institut für österreichische Geschichtsforschung
Universität Wien
Dr.Karl Lueger-Ring 1
A-1010 Wien
Österreich