[gothic-l] Re: Odoacer or Theoderic shared out land in equal parts to their soldiers?

nilen at ONLINE.NO nilen at ONLINE.NO
Tue Nov 27 06:49:28 UTC 2001

Hi Francisco

West Roman kings Odoacer and Theoderic did rule over the rest of the
west Roman Empire around year 500.  Odoacer was king over the Sciri,
and also the selected Herulian king, he ruled over Italy from 476 to
around 490 and preferred to call himself "Rex Herulorum".

Theoderic was king over the East-Goth, and he ruled in Italy from 493
to 526, they both ruled from the town Ravenna.  West Roman was maybe
a wrong word; "the remaining rest of the west Roman Empire" is maybe
the correct name.

Kind regards
                  Frank

--- In gothic-l at y..., Francisco Inácio Gonçalves dos Santos
<fringosa at c...> wrote:
> Hello
> Were these  Roman kings ???? Odoacer et Theoderic.
>
> Francisco

Odoacer
>   or Theoderic, did give out land to the people in their tribe by
using
>   a rope to share the land in equal parts to each member. Is this
>   correct, and what source wrote this down?
>
>   Kind regards
>   Frank

Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95
Refill any ink cartridge for less!