[gothic-l] Re: Gothic Calendar

Francisc Czobor czobor at CANTACUZINO.RO
Fri Oct 19 06:52:50 UTC 2001

Hails Brian,

I have read somewhere that Friþareiks is the same as Frithigern,
a Visigothic leader contemporary with Athanaric, but I'm not sure...
The passage quoted by you is referring (according to asource that I
can not specify now, I don't remember) to a persecution of the
Christian Goths by Athanaric. What was the involvement of Frithigern
in this event, I don't know...

Francisc