[gothic-l] Heruli and Iceland(Island)

einar birgisson einarbirg at YAHOO.COM
Sat Sep 8 15:01:58 UTC 2001

Dear Matthew.When I put my letter on the gothic list I did not know of the
german list and have not yet had time to take a look.Though I must say
that the issue of the herules,goths and icelanders are interwoven.Let my
remind that the nearest language to the language of the goths are old
icelandic.Well about the question why iclandic are more close to norwegian
than german I will discuss later.
--- "M. Carver" <matt at invisionstudiosinc.com> wrote:
> > <P> why then the islandic language is so close to
> > norwegian rather than german?
>
> Hails!
>
> Thanks Sahin, et al., but I would advise against continuation of this
> thread. The problem is that this is a discussion more suited to
> Germanic-L,
> covering as it does a range of Germanic peoples. Discuss Heruls or
> Icelanders in relation to Goths if you wish, but not in relation to each
> other. If you desire the latter, please move the discussion to the
> appropriate list.
>
> Sincerely,
> Matthew Carver
> Gothic-L Administrator