[gothic-l] Transliteration help.

M. Carver me at MATTHEWCARVER.COM
Tue Dec 10 01:04:52 UTC 2002

> (ON) Gla?r skál ek  (name) mjö?r mé? Ásum sitja í öndvegum drekka.
>
> (Eng.) Gladly shall I (name), drink mead among the Aesir, sitting on / in t=
>
> heir high seats.
>
> (Go.) Gabáurjaba skulan ik (name) (mjö?r)? midjis (Ásum)? sitan in (öndvegu=
>
> m)? drigkan.
>
> Sael,
> Jeff

Hails!

The construction of your ON is strange, but taking your English, I would propose the following, which may have the
sense of the present or future.

gabaurjaba sita ik, (name), ana hauhaim stolam mi? *Ansum jah midu drigka.

If your proposal of the use of *skulan means you intend the sense of obligation (ought, should), then:

gabaurjaba skal ik, (name), ana hauhaim stolam sitand(a, s) midu mi? Ansum drigkan.

you may also replace 'skal' with 'wiljau' (will, desire, wish to), haba (have, shall).

-matthew