[gothic-l] Fwd: Re: [tied] Harii/Hirri into (H)eruli?

Troels Brandt <trbrandt@post9.tele.dk> trbrandt at POST9.TELE.DK
Sun Dec 15 01:26:22 UTC 2002

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, george knysh <gknysh at y...> wrote:

> *****GK: Let me suggest another possibility. We know
> that "Heruli" goes back to an ancient Germanic word
> meaning "man of worth".

I have no opinion regarding the origin of the name "rusa", but if we
regard the above as a suggestion and not a fact, I can accept the
rest of your suggestions below as likely explanations.

Troels