[gothic-l] Re: Wodhanaz 2

hrafnsnest <mimir@smithsys.net> mimir at SMITHSYS.NET
Wed Dec 18 19:00:19 UTC 2002

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "M. Carver" <me at m...> wrote:
> Hails!
>

> I don't really see what this has to do with gothic specifically. This would be better discussed on germanic-l, unless you're leading up (or back) to a gothic topic. i don't mean to stifle conversation (you can start talking about this in relation to gothica), but please respect the interests of those listmembers who don't have an interest or time for other topics.
>
> BTW do we agree that Odhinn = Go. *Wodans "mad, frenzied"?
>
> -matthew
> co-owner, gothic-l

Hails Matthew,

You are right, this subject should be discussed in a Gmc. format, or even an IE one.  I was simply responding to some of the assertions about Odhinn being derived from an "Asiatic" wind-god.  No offence taken.  BTW, I have joined the Gmc.-list, where this topic will be brought up and further discussed.  I will continue my membership with the Gothic-list as well, and will try to keep my posts within the general framework of the topics posted.
Sael,
Jeff