[gothic-l] Sacred Mystical Crimea Places

george knysh gknysh at YAHOO.COM
Thu Dec 19 16:16:46 UTC 2002

--- Roman Kravchenko <roart at ecc.crimea.ua> wrote:

>  Gothic
> Christianity cannot be doubted. It is already
> attested
> in the early 4th c.

> Dear George Knysh
>
> I am engaged in photographing of places of stay
> Goths in Crimea -
> I ask to inform all written primary sources, known
> for you, where
> it is underlined acceptance of a christianity Goths
> in Crimea,
> I shall be very grateful!
> --
> Best regards,
>  Roman

Dobryj Den' Romane!

Vassiliev's "The Goths in Crimea" remains useful. But
you might like to consult some of the more recent
literature:
I.S. Pioro, KRIMSKAIA GOTIIA, Kyiv, 1990.
A.I. Aibabin, various articles of the 1980's and
1990's in the "Materiali po arkheologii, istorii,i
etnografii Tavrii"
M.M. Kazanskii, "O Germanskikh drevnostiakh
pozdnerimskogo vremeni v Krimu i Priazovie" in:
Mezhdunarodnaia konferetsiia 'Vizantiia i Krim' ,
Simferopol' 1997, pp. 48-51.

I think Vassiliev and Pioro would be the most useful
in tracing the Christianization of the Crimean Goths,
while the others would have additional archaeological
indicators concerning places to photograph.