[gothic-l] Re: Gothic Christianity

vernonpeberty <vernonpeberty@yahoo.com> vernonpeberty at YAHOO.COM
Mon Dec 23 01:54:55 UTC 2002

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "AElfric <amali at s...>" <amali at s...>
wrote:
> To Everyone discussing the Gothic Christianity thread:
>
> There are now several of you who are continually doing four things:
> 1) you are telling me my perspecitve is wrong 2) you are telling me
> there is no evidence to support my assertions 3) you are ignoring
the
> evidence I have presented, and speaking as if I never presented it,
and 4) you are not presenting any single shred of evidence or citing
> any sources yourself.

It has long been established that the Goths were Christians. In light
of this fact, the responsibility for proving that they were anything
other than fully Christian rests squarely on the shoulders of those
who would advocate such views. I commend you for presenting sources
that you feel support the view that the Goths were pagan, but do not
believe these sources are sufficient to disprove the long established
position that the Goths were Christians.

Vernon Peberty