[gothic-l] Eruli in the West

Bertil Haggman mvk575b at TNINET.SE
Tue Feb 12 10:52:57 UTC 2002

Well, I was only quoting your own words. Always interesting
to note your views.

Of course different opinions are related and it is not enough
to just quote names. I was, if you may have noticed, writing
about current research in Scandinavia. But I guess you missed
that when reading my contribution. Were you by any
chance referring to Marvin Taylor's article in Hoops?

There will always be this Central European current in the
field of research on the Eruli. It is always fascinating to have
this list of names being paraded as argument. What was
Wessén's argument against the Eruli being of Scandinavian
origin? And Lla's?

Thank you again for your information.

Erulically

Bertil Haggman

either you cannot read English or you did not understand what I
wrote yesterday.

These two letters in the Variae are one to  unnamed kings of the
Warni, Thuringi and Eruli, the other to king Rodulf of the Central
European Eruli.

Well, take a look on the discussion on that recently in the
Germanic list and at the relevant articles about Dänemark and
Dänen in the Lexikon des Mittelalters, and Hoops RGA by
Wessén, Lla Lund-Hanssen, Beck and others.

Access Your PC from Anywhere
Check Email & Transfer files - Free Download
http://us.click.yahoo.com/NxtVhB/3XkDAA/_ZuFAA/wWMplB/TM