[gothic-l] Re: Where can I get a Gothic grammar?

Jakobus Antonis godakuns at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 15 08:34:37 UTC 2002

Hails!!

>--- In gothic-l at y..., "Giuseppe Pagliarulo" <g.pagliarulo at t...> wrote:
> > Wright's grammar is freely downloadable here:
> > http://www.ling.upenn.edu/~kurisuto/germanic/language_resources.html
>
>Thanks. However, to download it I would have to download 376 graphics
>files (one per page of the book) one by one on my slow dialup line.

,,,in that case, try Amazon.com..they don't have Wright's, but they do have
a link to Powell's ( a used book dealer who does)..I've picked up several
books from them, and their service is outstanding, and the books they offer
in the shape they claim them to be when ordering (I picked up a copy of the
'Old Kalevala' there for $9.00, and all it had was a slight tear in the dust
jacket...other than that, it was in 'new' condition, though I think they had
it listed as 'good' or 'very good' or something on those lines)....
Amazon also carries Bennett's 'Intro to Gothic' but I personally find the
work 'lacking' in presentation, though its still 'workable'...
hope that helps!
Jakobus

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/wWMplB/TM