[gothic-l] Whence the Eruli

Bertil Haggman mvk575b at TNINET.SE
Sat Feb 16 12:12:12 UTC 2002

Thank you for presenting your views on the Eruli.
It is very interesting that you are so opposed
to Taylor's view, who presents the Eruli as a
Germanic people. He also stated that the raids
in 267, 269 and 275 AD in the case of the Eruli
originated from the area around the Sea of Azov
("vom Asowschen Meer ausgehend").

Do you have any support in your thesis on the Eruli
from others?

Scandinavian historians, as reported on this list,
have taken a keen interest in the Scandinavian
Eruli. Is it also you opinion that the Eruli did not
migrate to Thoule and that Prokopios is mistaken?

Bertil Haggman

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/wWMplB/TM