[gothic-l] Gothic Archaeology was Re: Whence the Eruli

Tore Gannholm tore.gannholm at SWIPNET.SE
Tue Feb 19 13:32:01 UTC 2002

>  connections
>

>Tore,
>
>there was no Wielbark culture in the 3rd century BC. There is general
>aggreement that the culture emerged only around  0 AD.

Why not.
In Schätze der Ostgoten. I read "Ausbreitung der Wielbark-Kultur von
der jüngeren vorrömishen Eisenzeit (Zone A) bis zur römischen
Kaiserzeit (Zonen E und F) (nach Wolagiewicz)

Are we playing with words or do you not accept the above.

>http://w1.855.telia.com/~u85528681/Gothic_l/gothicconnectio_/default.h
>tm
>>

>>  Sometimes a new truth is not better than the old. Espeicially when
>>  they don't consider all aspects but only take what suits them.
>>

>Tore,
>
>did you really read Brierbrauer's publications before accusing him of
>gross professional mis-conduct? Bierbrauer is one of the leading
>experts in the field and I think you would like his publications more
>than you think.
>
>Dirk

Dirk,
I was only commenting on his statement about Almgren. Most of my
sources are only in Swedish why Bierbauer has limited sources.

Tore