[gothic-l] Two Peoples

Oskar Andersson o.andersson at GAMLABYN.COM
Mon Jan 7 14:21:10 UTC 2002

Hi,

> Oskar,
>
> Maybe it eluded maybe but did you
> present yourself on the list. Don't
> personally anything about your
> background.

I thought it was easily gathered from my name
from which nation I come? [Sweden it is]
My apologies though, you are right, I haven't done
anything like an introduction, and I find it superfluous
and not too much related to my participation in this list!
Suffice it to say I am NOT a professional, like others here.

> Professor Lars Hermodssons book _Goterna -
> ett krigarfolk och dess bibel_ was published
> bu Atlantis Publishing Company in Stockholm
> in 1993. If you have any contacts in Sweden
> I am sure you can find it in book shops. In case
> it is sold out try the publishing company (I guess
> you can find it via search engines). Otherwise
> try Kungliga Biblioteket to borrow it.

Thanks for the info.
I tried to find it somewhere, but it was close on impossible.
I will search the libraries though.

> Neither Wolfram nor Heather have produced
> any final evidence on the ethnogenesis of the
> Goths in northern Poland.

I don't think Heather mused too much on the matter at all.
Perhaps the question is too delicate and intricate to dwell upon
in such short a book as Heather's? There are many historians
to analyse and many ideas to ponder.
I don't find the question to be of asteroid importance though,
because by the time of the migration from the Weischel region
most Scandinavian "traits" should have been erased as there were
different peoples living in this region and assimilation was natural.
Ingemar points to some evidence in his book - but I find the matter
rather complicated and I'd rather not have too much of an opinion.

> Gothically
>
> Bertil

Best,
Oskar