[gothic-l] Re:Gothic cult?

Ingemar Nordgren ingemar.nordgren at EBOX.TNINET.SE
Mon Jan 14 23:27:48 UTC 2002

Andreas wrote:

Dear Ingemar,
as a pupil and long-time cooperator of Wolfram, who supervised
both my doctoral thesis and my habilitation, I am perfectly
acquainted with every line he wrote during the last thirty years.
That does not mean that I follow him in everything...

Okej Andreas,

   I didn't expect you to do that. You have your own research and your
own theories and that is as it should be. I myself also goe  my own way
which, as you know, more involves religious common origin and allows
more tribes/peoples than the Vistula Goths to be Goths. I have not
worked that much with the Roman period of the Goths that you have, but
with the more archaic part and I really appreciate more learning of the
later period which you have provided,  but till 376 at least I have my
own ideas. St Saba and other sources have a lot to give if you interpret
them reasonably compared with surrounding factors. I am just now working
with a more Scandinavian topic but it also includes, at least randomely,
Gothic and Herulian influences and so I have not so much energy  for
debate but I follow the discussion and absorb all good information that
is relevant for me just now.I may indeed recommend a closer study of
Barði Guðmundsson - he gives a much better understanding of the
background of the Icelanders than  ever before, showing their East
Scandinavian cultural connection. I look anyhow forward to more
interesting information from you.

Most kindly
Ingemar

FREE COLLEGE MONEY