[gothic-l] Re: Accepting Elias Wessens Conclusion

faltin2001 dirk at SMRA.CO.UK
Wed Jan 16 14:43:39 UTC 2002

--- In gothic-l at y..., "Bertil Haggman" <mvk575b at t...> wrote:
> Well, the etyomological background of the word is the
> one I described. I was unaware that throatcutting
> was part of the relations between Goths and southern
> Scandinavians say from around 150 - 700 AD. Maybe
> you can provide me with some concrete examples?
>
> Bertil Haggman

If you have not understood the gist of my comment by now, there is
little hope you ever will. So lets rest it here.

Dirk

> The term has a meaning as 'violent-bully', which is commonly
> understood as such, at least in the English-speaking world. I would
> also say that the Goths had a 'political hierachy' although this
term
> was not around in the 4th century. Also, 'throat-cutting' was
> problably in the repertoir of Gothic warriors of that time.

Access Your PC from Anywhere
It's Easy. It's Fun. - Free Download.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/zWCYWA/7XkDAA/ySSFAA/wWMplB/TM