[gothic-l] Re: Goths and Scandinavia

Tore Gannholm tore.gannholm at SWIPNET.SE
Tue Jun 11 05:06:22 UTC 2002

>I warmly recommend to you the latest book by Walter Pohl (Die
>Voelkerwanderung: Eroberung und Integration), Kohlhammer Verlag 2002.
>Pohl summarises the status quo of the research on this question and
>thus illustrated that a consensus of leading experts now rejects the
>theory of a Scandinavian origin of the Goths.
>
>  pop up now and then.
>

>A good summer to you too
>
>Dirk

Dirk,
What worries me is that you are only referring to German scholars
when we are talking about Scandinavian archaeology.
As I can't get hold of Pohl's book presently perhaps you can tell
what Pohl writes about Kaliff's "Gothic connections" as this is the
official standpoint at the University of Uppsala it is interesting to
know if Pohl has any opinion about the present Swedish standlpoint.

Tore

Will You Find True Love?
Will You Meet the One?
Free Love Reading by phone!