[gothic-l] ZDF Program on the Goths

Bertil Haggman mvk575b at TNINET.SE
Mon Mar 11 08:37:10 UTC 2002

In my opinion it is not likely any "truth" will be found
but it is clear that the likelihood of Scandinavian origin
is a view held by a majority of earlier and present
researchers. Very much liked the way the migration
from Scandza was portrayed in the program. Also the
clear indication of boat grave influence in Poland,
where archaeologists have found a Gothic woman buried
in a cermonial boat. The Polish arcaelogist in situ
thought it was a reflection on the passing on the Baltic Sea
of the Goths under King Berig and the Gepids.

Also the depiction of the Goteburgen on Crimea were
fascinating.

Maybe you can find som "truth" scholars who are willing
and have financing to produce there own program?
Think you must had a very bad day on Sunday.

Bertil Haggman