[gothic-l] Re: The Gothic Migration Epic

xigung keth at ONLINE.NO
Wed Mar 13 17:55:15 UTC 2002

--- In gothic-l at y..., "faltin2001" <dirk at s...> wrote:
> --- In gothic-l at y..., "xigung" <keth at o...> wrote:
>
> > I think Germany certainly existed at the time.
> > In fact, I think it was slightly bigger than it
> > is now, since the waves have since removed parts
> > of its coast line up in the North.
>

> No, Germany did not exist in any form 2000 years ago. The best we
can
> refer to is the territory of modern Germany.

Then you don't distinguish between the name of a thing
and the thing itself. Say you find a stray dog and name
it Daisy, but you don't know it used to be called Dolly.
Then the dog certainly existed before you found it.
When we say "Daysy is 8 years old", we mean the dog
and not the name.

Cheers
Keth

Access Your PC from Anywhere
Check Email & Transfer files - Free Download
http://us.click.yahoo.com/NxtVhB/3XkDAA/_ZuFAA/wWMplB/TM