[gothic-l] Re: The Gothic Migration Epic

faltin2001 dirk at SMRA.CO.UK
Thu Mar 14 12:11:18 UTC 2002

--- In gothic-l at y..., Tore Gannholm <tore.gannholm at s...> wrote:

> >  >
> >>  Dirk,
> >>  The first Gotlanders probably came over the sea from the east.
> >>  As an island it has been more protected but there are signs of
> >>  immigrants from time to time.
> >>
> >>  The Swedes probably came over from Denmark.
> >>
> >>  Tore
> >>  --
> >
> >Tore,
> >
> >So the Gotlanders came from Sweden,
>

> Dirk,
> You need a better map.
> I didn't say the Gotlanders came from Sweden. I said they came from
> the east, and on my map Sweden is west
> Tore
> --

Sorry Tore,

I overread this, simply assuming that Gotlanders came from modern
Sweden as most people would I suppose. So Gotlanders are more closely
related to the Finno-Ugric and/or Baltic people then to Germanic
peope? Interesting, I did not know that.  When was Gotland first
settled?

Access Your PC from Anywhere
Full setup in 2 minutes! - Free Download
http://us.click.yahoo.com/MxtVhB/2XkDAA/_ZuFAA/wWMplB/TM