[gothic-l] Re: Gothic Religion in 500BC?

ingemarn2000 ingemar.nordgren at EBOX.TNINET.SE
Thu Mar 14 23:57:52 UTC 2002

Dear Dirk,

As I stated  I did not mean the Wielbark or it's predecessors by the
statement of Gothic religion since I see this beginning in the
Scandinavian area about 500 BC as I have described in my book. The
burial    forms were not identical all over Scandinavia. E.g. the
Östgöta burials are mixed and partly related to earlier Weichsel
burials and the special flat ground graves I related to are typically
West-Scandinavian. It means that also in Scandinavia there were
several Gothic peoples and there was no uniformity. The new with
Wielbark is that the West Scandinavian customs breaks through and at
the same time similar grave fields reduces in number in Scandinavia(it
differs one generation. I have stated that early immigrants lived as
neighbours to the other peoples there with East Scandinavian burial
customs, and first with Wielbark there is a uniformity of kind
pointing to a religious renewal. There, I mean, is the Scandinavian
influence.

Access Your PC from Anywhere
Full setup in 2 minutes! - Free Download
http://us.click.yahoo.com/MxtVhB/2XkDAA/_ZuFAA/wWMplB/TM