[gothic-l] Sturm ueber Europa - Storm over Europe

Bertil Haggman mvk575b at TNINET.SE
Mon Mar 25 10:33:21 UTC 2002

Zweites Deutsche Fernsehen is one of the
more prominent TV-channels in Germany.
Never talked about giants, just noted the view
in the TV-series. These states certainly
contributed to the forming of Europe.

I think the well-researched program will be a fine
addition to the video-collection on Gothic history,
among other things.

Will be happy to provide further information as
soon as the 400-page accompanying volume
is available. With the high quality advisers of the
series I am in no doubt that these series will
very much have a lasting value.

It is valuable to get the visual material. Cant imagine
that anybody would be interested in purchasing Brockhaus
when other fine encyclopedias are available. Don't think
it would be worth the outlay.

Don't know about how common ZDF is in Norway. I have
satellite reception.

Gothically

Bertil

So according to "ZDF" (=Deutsche Funk?) we can regard "Europe"
as founded upon the shoulders of the "Scandinavian giant" then ?
Don't you find such statements at least a little embarassing?

There was a similar program on the Huns some years ago,
also on videao casette. Do you think, Bertil, that these
casettes will have lasting value - or will they be quickly
superseded in the media age that we have now entered?
(I am thinking of the Brockhaus that becomes updated every
couple of years now)

>Below info in German on the highly spectacular fourth program
>in the series.
>Folge 4: Die Erben des Imperiums
>Im 5. und 6. Jahrhundert errichteten die Barbaren auf roemischem Boden ihre Reiche: die Ostgoten in Italien, die Westgoten in Spanien, Angeln und Sachsen in England, die Franken in Deutschland und Frankreich. Mit der Kaiserkroenung Karls des Grossen im Jahre 800 entstand das mittelalterliche Europa.
>Sonntag, 24. Maerz 2002, 19.30 Uhr

Is that a special service in Sweden, as result of the EU integration?
I don't think German TV is very common in Norway.

Access Your PC from Anywhere
It's Easy. It's Fun. - Free Download.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BxtVhB/7XkDAA/_ZuFAA/wWMplB/TM