[gothic-l] Goths, Goetaland, Gotland

Bertil Haggman mvk575b at TNINET.SE
Sat May 25 12:26:00 UTC 2002

Al,

There is compelling evidence that the Goths migrated
from southern Scandinavia (the region of Goetaland
or/and the island of Gotland). This matter has been
extensively discussed on this list. Important is the
linguistical similarity between the people name
Goths/Goti, the Gothic god Gaut, the names Gautaland/
Goetaland, the island of Gotland, and the name of the people who
lived and lives in Goetaland, the Gautar/Goetar.

The importance of the Visigothic and Ostrogothic
kingdoms and Span and Italy has been described
in a recent valuabel work by Peter Arens, _Sturm
ueber Europa_ (Storm over Europe), Munich 2002.

I will resend some of my contributions to give you
further indications on possible Gothic migration
from South Scandinavia.

Gothically

Bertil Haggman

> Iam new to this group, but Iam have strong interest in the Gothic
> peoples of Europe. I still to believe that the peoples of southern
> Sweden, and Gotland, Northern Germany, Western Russia, and English
> people (distant relation;will be discuused) have Goth blood that runs
> in their veins. They are a very unique group of people, as 300
> century they conquered nealy all of Scythia, blandeting all Scythia
> tribes and 'slammed' into the Black sea far south. They also migrated
> west towards the Rhein river, crossed it, and have emulated with
> other peoples and other who have split the tribe and established own
> tribes in Germany, which interculturalted many German tribes and
> peoples. Then the West Goths, or politically correct the Visigoths,
> crossed the Rhein to conquer Spain of course. They have been seen
> very barbaric and one of the worst what the Romans called, but their
> culture favored the Romans as much as they wanted an Empire like the
> Romans.

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.