[gothic-l] New member

Michael Deguara kilin81 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Dec 17 18:07:07 UTC 2003

Hello all -

Michael from Malta here.

I am new to this list and pretty much new to Gothic history in general.  What brings me here is a combination of two things, actually.  One is my personal interest in Runes, and the other is that some ancestry research has uncovered that some of my ancestors, who came to Malta in the late 15th Century from Aragon in Spain, were probably of Visigothic stock.

I am looking for information particularly about the Gothic Runes.  So far the information that I have found online is somewhat inconsistent.

I wonder if anybody has an opinion on the following:
http://my.execpc.com/~gronitz/futhark/sets/gothic.html
http://my.execpc.com/~gronitz/futhark/meanings/gothic.html

If anyone thinks they can also give me information about Visigoth families in Northern Spain, I'd be very grateful.

regards
Michael

Michael Deguara - http://pio.tripod.com
"We are drunkards from another tavern