[gothic-l] Greutung, Terving, Reidgotaland

Jerry Axtell JerryAxtell777 at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 26 04:26:54 UTC 2003

"Reidgotland" means "the 'Reich(German, as in the Third Reich)of the Gothic
lands."  "Greutung" refers to the "great" or the "greater".  "Terving" is a
corruption of "ther(German "der") ving" meaning, I think, "the weaker"
or "the lesser".  I think you might be confusing "red" with "ride"; ie,
not "red men", but "riders" or "horsemen".  I hope this doesn't make things
more confusing.  Good Luck!!!
                                     Sincerely,
                                     Jerry