[gothic-l] Re: Arianism

Ingemar Nordgren ingemar at NORDGREN.SE
Thu Jul 3 00:08:59 UTC 2003

Hi Tore,

An very interesting book, indeed. You really made  your point showing
the intensity in the controversy between Nicaeneans and Arians. Here
we have the story told by a convinced and evidently strongly beleiving
Nicaenean, who adores the quite crooked Athanasius and hates Eusebius
and his followers. He presents good evidence for my further conclusion
the Gnostics were part of the background and of the old Eastern
trinity of triadic origin. He however has never succeded in
understanding the subleties of Arius, and since he,  as he self
admits, detests logics all his opinions are based on a blind belief. A
funny thing  is that he declares Sabellius a heretics, but later
himself uses  a twisted version of Sabellius true statements to
justify the Nicaenean definition of Trinity. It is however correct
that Arius was depending on the background mentioned, but he was far
closer to Sabellius than this story claims.  He indeed also confirms
that Antioch was an Arian stronghold. It evidently is long time ago
Christianity ceased to be a religion and just became an organisation
ruled by political decisions on diverse councils.
I find your site a very useful one, indeed.

Best wishes
Ingemar

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/wWMplB/TM