[gothic-l] Re: Dirk and Francisc

Sunny sunnyjat12002 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jul 11 17:21:54 UTC 2003

Hi Guys,

Francisc:

"Their efforts recall for me other cases where people (including
scholars) are trying to demonstrate that their own nation is
something more special than others."

&  Dirk:

"Yes, that is my impression as well. It is of course complete and
utter nonsense, but their persistence is remarkable."

Fellows, now I think this is a bit unfair, never once have Ravi or I
claimed the Jats were more special than anyone else and it is a bit
peculiar that this allegation is made so early in our discussion.

Further taking the view of other members from another website who are
not represented here is again in my opinion irrelevant.

We are just examining this viewpoint, many British scholars of the
past have made the identification between Jats, Getae, and Goths; and
we are examining if they is any truth to it.  It was not pulled out
the thin air.

Thus far, the counter-argument is based solely on the language that
the Goths spoke.  Surely, to convince us the Goths had no connection
to the Getae would require more proof than that – there are examples
in history where tribes have wholesale adopted another language.

Let's leave the Jat and Goths aside for a second, since you think we
are borderlining Nazism, and discuss Rackus's book, in which he
claims the Goths are an Aestian Race.   I'll take the liberty to post
a few excerpts of his view for the benefit of others in the next few
messages.

Best Wishes,

Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada.
We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark, Canon & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/kP..SB/49VGAA/ySSFAA/wWMplB/TM