[gothic-l] Ravi and Sunny

faltin2001 dirk at SMRA.CO.UK
Mon Jul 14 07:26:27 UTC 2003

Hi Ravi and Sunny,

neither me nor Francisc questioned your intentions. However, the way
I see it, there are various ways to stifle debate on an online
discussion group. One is to post a relentless string of old and
utterly outdated quotes reflecting long outdated views and outlandish
theories and ask or even demand others to comment on them. All this
is then justified by saying that you genuinely seek clarification and
knowledge. Both Francisc and me did comment on your collection of
quotes, which, however, you did not respond to with discussion and
evidence, but with yet further quotes in the same vein and from even
worse sources.

You give the impression that you deliberately avoid the modern
literature (or pick and choose quotes that suit your purpose) because
you have already made up your mind that Goths are Indian Jats or
decended from Indian Jats, that probably most or all Germans are in
fact Indian Jats and at least some members of your own discussion
group seem to thing that most of European culture and history was
only made possible by Indian Jats (who are otherwise pratically
unknown to world history). All in all, we should not make too much of
this, but as a general recommendation, I think it would be nice if
you would provide evidence and argumentation for your views rather
than posting old quotes. That way we may even come to some form of
discussion, which after all is the purpose of a discussion list.

Cheers

Buy Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits for Your HP at Myinks.com
Free shipping on orders $50 or more to the US and Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5706&lp=home/hp.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/arYXfA/.xWGAA/ySSFAA/wWMplB/TM