[gothic-l] Re: Arianism

AElfric and Ursula amali at SOFTHOME.NET
Sat Jun 28 03:19:51 UTC 2003

Hails Ingemar!

>I am accordingly quite convinced
>they did not use the term Catholic in the Arian church since this was
>the forced and divided construction of Teodosius.Maybe I am wrong and
>so I am convinced I will be told so with good references which is
>allways a way of learning something new.

Leovigild referred to Arianism as "our Catholic faith": "King Leovigild
assembled a synod of bishops of the Arian sect in the city of Toledo and
amended the ancient heresy with a new error, saying, 'those coming from the
Roman religion to our Catholic faith ought not to be baptized...'"  Kenneth
Baxter Wolf, _Conquerors and Chroniclers of Early Medieval Spain_ Liverpool
Press, 1990, pg 58.

Albareiks

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/wWMplB/TM