[gothic-l] Vandals and Silesia

Chris chrisailes01 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jun 25 17:35:12 UTC 2003

Just found this group.  Been doing some family research and turns out
my last name (Marbutt derived from Merbot) originated in the area of
Silesia in the 3rd century AD during which time the Vandals are
beloeved to occupied the area.  So dumb question, what do we know
about the Vandals?

Any help appreciated.  'Bout all I've come up with is the spoke
something resembling Gothic and I probably share DNA with some poor
guy in North Africa judging from how these people wandered. :-)

Chris

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/wWMplB/TM