[gothic-l] Re: Christensen's book on the Goths

Francisc Czobor fericzobor at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jun 30 16:58:22 UTC 2003

Hello, Agnes!

Are you from Romania? You have a Hungarian name, as I have, although
I'm from Romania.
The Gepids in Romania are an interesting issue. They did stay on the
territory of todays Romania (mainly in Transylvania) more than the
proper Goths (Visigoths in 4th century, Ostrogoths in 5th century).
Therefore, also the putative Old Germanic loanwords in Romanian are
interpreted as being rather of Gepidic origin than of Gothic (which
in my view makes no big difference, since Gothic and Gepidic were
probably almost the same language).

Üdvözöllek,
Francisc (Feri) Czobor

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/wWMplB/TM