[gothic-l] (unknown)

greg scaff g_scaff at YAHOO.COM
Wed Mar 26 00:33:39 UTC 2003

Hails,

My thanks go to Dirk, Vladimir, Oscar, and of course Matthew for your interest and  insightful comments re: "balan". I guess another question would be how accurate Procopius was in rendering a foreign word. Oh well.  I find it compelling  that it means the same in Romania today,or has the same form, as Francisc says,  and wonder if their is any possible actual connection between the Romanian  form and the  possible Gothic?

                                          cheers,

                                                   Greg

http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/wWMplB/TM