[gothic-l] Re: Virus alert - jdbgmgr.exe

Francisc Czobor fericzobor at YAHOO.COM
Mon May 19 08:02:31 UTC 2003

Ahmet is right - this IS a hoax!
And this is not the first time it appears.
Fortunately, jdbgmgr.exe, although a MS-Windows system file, is not
indispensable for the proper fuctioning of the system (it is for
recognising files with very long file names, if I remember correctly).
Francisc

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, Sahin Ahmet <ahmetsahinn at y...> wrote:
> This can be hoax be carefull
>
> Ingemar Nordgren <ingemar at n...> wrote:Hi everybody-hej alla! This
message I received from a friend hose
> computer was infected. I found it also in mine but  has deleted it
> according to the instructions below. It was successful.
>
> Best wishes/Hälsningar
> Ingemar
>
> Unfortunately, a colleague passed along a virus to me. My address
book WAS
> infected.
> Since you are in my address book, there is a good chance you will
find it
> in
> your computer. The virus,called jdbgmgr.exe, is not detected by
Norton or
> McAfee anti virus systems. The virus sits quietly for 14 days before
> damaging the system. It is sent automatically by messenger and by
the
> address book, whether or not you sent e-mail to your contacts.
> Here's how to check for the virus and how to get rid of it:
> YOU MUST DO THIS.
> 1. Go to start, Find or Search option.
> 2. In the file folder option, type the name
> jdbgmgr.exe
> 3. Be sure you search your C: drive and all sub folders
> and any other drives you may have.
> 4. Click "find now"
> 5. The Virus has a Teddy Bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe DO NOT
OPEN
> IT!
> ! ! !
> 6. Go to Edit (on the menu bar) and choose "select all" to
highlight the
> file without opening it.
> 7. Now go to File (on the menu bar) and select delete.
> It will then go to the Recycle Bin (you can also do this by right
clicking
> on the icon, but again, DO NOT open the file).
> 8. IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS YOU MUST CONTACT ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR
ADDRESS
> BOOK, SO THEY CAN ERADICATE IT IN THEIR OWN ADDRESS BOOKS.
> To Do This:
> a) Open a new e-mail message
> b) Click the icon of the address book next to the "TO"
> c) Highlight every name and add to "BCC" (which means
> blind copy)
> d) Copy this message and paste it to a new
> e-mail.
> Sorry for the headache
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> You are a member of the Gothic-L list.  To unsubscribe, send a
blank email to <gothic-l-unsubscribe at egroups.com>.

Service.

Get A Free Psychic Reading!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aM1XQD/od7FAA/uetFAA/wWMplB/TM