[gothic-l] Re: Langobards

Ingemar Nordgren ingemar at NORDGREN.SE
Fri Oct 31 00:22:26 UTC 2003

Hi Gazariah,

Mikaels proposal is a good advice. Still there is also an older
history called Origo Langobardorum that also could provide some
information. Concerning the origin of the Langobards they first were
known as Vinnili and it is disputed whether they originated in the
area around Elbe in Northern Germany or if they still earlier lived in
Southern Scandinavia (Scania/Skåne). Both theories exist but I know at
least one  person on the list who disapproves the Scandinavian context.

Best
Ingemar

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "Mikael Bynke" <adragoor at p...> wrote:
> Hello Gazariah!
>
> Perhaps you can find one or two answers in Historia Langobardorum by
Paulus
> Diaconus... Even though its earliest history of the Langobards is
shrouded
> in myths, and it is not always the most reliable of sources
regarding their
> later history, it's interesting because of the few langobardic words
that
> are scattered here and there in the text. These words prove that the
Langobards

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/wWMplB/TM