[gothic-l] Re: Visigoths not "Booted Out"

Ingemar Nordgren ingemar at NORDGREN.SE
Wed Aug 11 23:08:41 UTC 2004

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "faltin2001" <dirk at s...> wrote:

Hi Dirk,

Yes I know what you write. It is true about Alaric II but he was
rather an exception. Of course both he and Leovigild tried to grab as
much power as possible but it was not that easy until the king had
papal support weakening the resistance from the Visigothic chieftains
who tried to stay in power. The balance shifted in an unhappy way
leaving the way free for the king to run for power like his fellow
Catholic kings and don't say the Toledo councils did not matter.

Best greetings my dear friend!
Ingemar

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/wWMplB/TM