[gothic-l] Re: GOTICA MINORA--RETURNED!!

llama_nom 600cell at OE.ECLIPSE.CO.UK
Thu Dec 9 22:11:10 UTC 2004

http://www.gotica.de/

Good news folks.  I just checked that link again, and the whole
thing is now back once more in all its glory at this new address!
The only downside is a pesky little advertising window at the top,
but I'm sure we can cope with that.  I'd been missing this excellent
resource for some time time now, so it's a great relief to know it's
available again.  Definitely the first port of call for anyone
interested in the following topics:

SKEIREINS-Projekt
Bibliographia Gotica
Das gotische Kalenderfragment
Gotica Minora
Codex Gissensis / Gießener Handschrift
"Kieler gotistische Dissertationen im 20. Jahrhundert"
"Krimgotisch"
"Das gotische AT-Fragment (Nehemias bzw. 2 Buch Esdras)"
Fragmenta Pannonica
Gotica Parisina / Codex Segonensis
Gotische Runeninschriften
Das Siegel des Wulfila
Das Fragmentum Spirense
Verkaufsverträge/Urkunden
Gotica Veronensia
Codex Vindobonensis 795
Codex Argenteus

Incidentally, I recently came across another link that has some
interesting, albeit brief, information on the subject of how long
the Gothic language survived after the demise of the Gothic kingdoms:

Leo Wiener: Commentary to the Germanic laws & Medieval Documents,
1915 (see Introduction page 2 for criticism of the idea that Wulfila
translated the bible + a discussion of evidence for the late
survival of Gothic, including the Vienna-Salzburg Codex, Walafrid
Strabo & the Synod of Leon)
http://www.northvegr.org/lore/germaniclaw/index.php?
PHPSESSID=d35e41999cb33e3d23ac1ad867ddb5f0

Llama Nom

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "Francisc Czobor" <fericzobor at y...>
wrote:

> IT IS A SHAME INDEED !!!
> This was really a very useful site.
> There one may find now only a message from Christian Petersen (a
> former member of the Gothic-l). It is in German:
>
> "Derzeit befinden sich hinter dieser Seite keinerlei Daten. Die
> bisherige Server-Administration (Germanistisches Seminar der
> Universitaet Kiel) sieht sich leider auszerstande, den
entsprechenden
> Webspace weiterhin zur Verfuegung zu stellen. Es ist bedauerlich,
> dasz ein Institut, zu dessen Aufgabe auch die Beschaeftigung mit
der
> Geschichte und Vorgeschichte der eigenen Sprache gehoert, kein
> Interesse an historisch-vergleichender Thematik mehr hat. Ich
danke
> AOR Horst Puetz fuer die langjaehrige Datenpflege und bedaure,
dasz
> die Seiten nicht weiter angeboten werden koennen. Vieles von dem,
was
> haette eingesehen werden koennen, findet sich in gedruckter Form
in
> meiner Trilogie GOTICA MINORA (Darmstadt: Syllabus). Christian T.
> Petersen"
>
> I translate it in English:
> "At present there are no data behind this page. Unfortunatelly,
the
> previous Server-Administration (Germanistisches Seminar der
> Universitaet Kiel) is not able to make available the corresponding
> web space anymore. It is regrettable that an institute having the
> task also the study of the own language's history and prehistory
is
> no more interested in the historical-comparative field. I thank
AOR

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/wWMplB/TM