[gothic-l] Re: Baltic Amber

faltin2001 dirk at SMRA.CO.UK
Sun Jul 18 22:17:24 UTC 2004

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, James Young <daddio52 at s...> wrote:
> Ingemar,
>
> Do you think Hermanric, the Ostrogoth, was trying to cut the Huns
out of the northern silk routs?

Hi James,

from the little sources we have it looks as if Ermaneric was mainly
trying to survive when the Huns arrived, let alone was he trying some
sort of trade embargo against the Huns.

Cheers

> Were there two Athanarics?
>
> Jim
>
> Ingemar Nordgren <ingemar at n...> wrote:
> --- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "James Young" <daddio52 at s...>
wrote:

> > As early as the Agustus era a merchant was sent to the Baltic to
make
> > purchases of Amber He reported back that there was a
sophisticated
> > wholesale system established on the coast. Could this have been
> > controlled by the Goths?
>
> Hi James,
>
> I know of that visit and it seems as he visited the Elblag area.
This

blank email to <gothic-l-unsubscribe at egroups.com>.

> Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

>    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/wWMplB/TM