Re: [gothic-l] Re: h‹ils - j & i & the Roman months

Manie Lombard manielombard at CHELLO.AT
Fri Jul 23 18:01:38 UTC 2004

Háils Llama Nom

I took *Awgustus for August, because of the comment on p. 361 of the
"Grammar of the Gothic Language" by Joseph Wright:

"Agustáu (Luke ii. 1) is probably a mistake for Awgustáu."

þagk faírháita þus

Manie