[gothic-l] Goths in Scandinavia

Paul Bardunias Bardunias at AOL.COM
Wed Jun 16 18:25:31 UTC 2004

A number of you have mentioned contact between the migrating Goths
and Scandinavia.  I am curious to know how much inflence Gothic-
Steppe culture had in Scandinavia.  I am particularly interested in
the transmittal of Indo-Aryan and Hunnic elements.

I have read online about the possibility that the Heruls went back to
Sweden en mass.  Is this the usual internet fantasy or is this an
accepted historical possibility?  Any opinions?

Paul

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/wWMplB/TM