[gothic-l] Re: New to the list with questions

Francisc Czobor fericzobor at YAHOO.COM
Tue Mar 16 12:22:17 UTC 2004

You're right, Dirk. I just quoted from memory.
In fact, Jordanes wrote "And because of the great victory they had
won in this region, they thereafter called their leaders, by whose
good fortune they seemed to have conquered, not mere men, but
demigods, that is Ansis" (Getica XIII, 78, Charles C. Mierow's
translation; in the origina Latin text: "... magnaque potiti per loca
victoria iam proceres suos, quorum quasi fortuna vincebant, non puros
homines, sed semideos id est Ansis vocaverunt...").

Francisc

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/wWMplB/TM