[gothic-l] Bastarnae

hrafnsnest wulfsligrs at CENTURYTEL.NET
Wed Mar 24 23:54:35 UTC 2004

Heilsa öllum,

Over the years, while doing research on the historical events that
occured in E. & SE Europe during the BCE period, I have wondered
about the tribe known as the Bastarnae. From what I have seen, they
are most often designated as a GMC tribe, but my question is, what is
the archaeological evidence, and what makes researchers come to the
conclusion that they were GMC, surely it can't be based on the
literary records of Romans alone?

Þakka þér fyrir,
Valulfr

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511