[gothic-l] Re: bireikei* & bnauan* (Köbler)

llama_nom 600cell at OE.ECLIPSE.CO.UK
Tue Nov 2 08:43:47 UTC 2004

In Krause & Helm, ON *bnu'a is printed thus as hypothetical.

I'm afraid I don't know anything else about how du & dis- might have
come about.

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "thiudans" <thiudans at y...> wrote:

> > *BNAUAN
> >
> > Strange.  So where is OIc bnu'a attested, I wonder?  (Not in
Zoega,
> > not in CVig. (I can't find it in the searchable text collection
here:
> > http://www.lexis.hi.is ), and yet Gordon/Taylor `An Introduction
> > Old Norse' not only mentions it, but tells us that it has been
added
> > to the reduplicating VIIth conjugation by analogy with snu'a,
etc.
> > Is this an assumption on the basis of nu'a & gnu'a?)  On the
other
> > hand, Wright and Braune/Helm imply that Go. bnauan belonged
> > originally to Class VII, but may for all we know have become
Class 3

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/wWMplB/TM